August 14, 2011

Time Given me a Caregiver

Elderly people,what would be the feeling,becoming an Elderly?for sure!there are advantages and the disadvantages,but that's the way it is,that's how all of us live the life that we are into,I remember those early
days of mine,when I was just 10 years old,when I saw people that bigger that me and older that me,I often,wishes that,I wanted to grow fast and have that beard on my face,and that big body and a strong man,I always wishes at that time that,let me grow faster,and days has pass,when I become a
fully grown man,and have the career as a caregiver,I recalled all that old days memories of mine,and I wonder that,all young people wanted to be on the right age,as a fully grown men or woman,then at the peak,all that wishes altered to the opposite direction,they wanted to be young again,especially for my Elderly patient,at his age of 85,he wanted to be young again,then I just spoke to him and says,you know when on my early days as a young boy,I always wishing to be a fully grown man,my patient laugh at me,and says,I was like you when in my early days as a young boy,I often wanted to be a fully grown man faster,but now,I am wishing to the opposite way,to be young again,and he smile and laugh loudly,saying to me,don't think to much,that will cause you to one step as an equivalent of 1 year ahead,adding your appearance look older for a year plus,just smile,he said. then I ask my patient,what is the secret reaching the age of 85?then again he smile at me,saying,why I am so curious to know about what is the secret of reaching 85 years of age,I just reply in a simple way,because now a day's,is rarely to reach that age,and reaching that age, will be an accomplishment, and must to be proud of,my patient can still walk but with my assistance,he can't be alone walking,because he can't control his balance,and its so dangerous for my patient to be alone,that why I came to the picture,my patient is like my
Grandfather to me,he treated me as his Grandson,and likewise to me I treated him and considered as my Grandfather,and as my best friend,when I think about it,maybe its genetic,because some people reached 100 years of age,and some are more than that age,I have known someone reached the age of 102,and amazingly,she's still walking with a walker,and she can't be alone,she also had a caregiver that always with her,because its to risky for her to be alone,that why she had also a caregiver for her to be there at all times,then I come up to the practical point of thought,that for sure,GOD! Gave them a long life,its all in above hand to decide.

Then,when I am quiet for a moment,my patient,hold my hand and he told me,you know,I knew that I'll have a caregiver in time comes,and Time Given me a Caregiver,and my patient continue,I am thankful reaching this age,and not that in worse health condition,I still enjoy having a time spending a great moments together with my family,with the help of you as my best friend and my caregiver ,that I can count on at all times.so just smile always and don't think to much,he said,just Time will tell what will be your future my best friend.my patient is 100 percent right or correct,isn't it. BY J.LE

No comments: