August 19, 2011

SHOUT OF PAIN

There are those Caregivers,with a patient that had a complicated disease and due to the disease,there are those hard time for caregivers,to see in their own very eyes,the suffering of their patient,I wrote this
post,because, I was also a caregiver with a patient that with a complicated disease,and in day by day,I was able to feel the pain, that my patient felt,by just imagining,how hard it is,and putting my feet on my patient shoes,its so very hard,and to see the situation of my patient in day by day,its like I am melting
like a candle, and I am always hoping that, the pain, what my patient experiencing daily will vanished,so that my patient will have the comfort,and I wishing that the pain will totally disappeared and never come back again,there are pain killer medication,for the pain,and by the time my patient complaints, I don't know what else could be done,because the pain reliever,will last up to 6 hours,and it is not allowed to give the pain reliever,within 6 hours,it will be possible after the 6 hours, the doctors knows the situation of my patient,likewise to all the family of my patient,they also hoping that everything will be fine,and all doctors are discussing the situation what the best thing to do,the reason why my patient is suffering on the pain in day by day,its because of the complication of some of the body organs of my patient,like the lungs,kidney and heart,and the hard thing is,the affected organs like the heart,lungs, kidney,those are the very important organs that makes one person alive,my patient is breathing with the help of the oxygen,all vital monitor is connected to my patient body,like the heart rate monitor,pulse rate,and all that needed for the treatments,its so hard to see my patient sufferings, specially when I see the tears of all the family of my patient, when they visiting in the hospital,I always having a deep breath often,because I do really understand the situation,and its hurting my feelings,because I deeply connected to my patient,and my patient is like a Grandfather to me and a best friend,my patient is a good man,a very good man,and all the people that will be his friend and even those other that not too close to my patient,they love my patient,in short,all people that knows my patient,they love my patient,and even the doctors and nurses,therapist,they knew at the very first time,they've met,that my patient is a very good man,with a kind heart man,or with a Golden Heart person,and in fact,to tell the truth,its my hardest experience as a caregiver in career,its not that easy to see a person that suffer from pain,and unstoppable pain,it will just calm for a couple of hours like 3 to 4 hours,because of the pain reliever,and
after 3 to 4 hours,it'll be back again,then the nurse will hand me the pain reliever to give to my patient orally,its always after six hours,the same story,again and again,and its not helping,there's no improvements,and in day by day,is getting more and more worse,despite all the best to the maximum that the doctors and all of the nursing staff in the hospital,gave their very best to help my patient in all ways.

Then the day come,all the sufferings and pain in day by day,gone,my patient died,the days that my patient stay in the hospital for treatments is, for 2 months,the sufferings for two months is not that simple thing,and I know that my patient fighting to survive,and the shout of pain that he often express,that his on pain,is the way to tell that he can't able to make it,but perhaps that's the time of my patient,and its the end of the road for my patient,and time also for my patient to be free from suffering and pain,and I just pray often,until at this present,that my patient,is in good place above,and free from any pain and sufferings,its to hard for me at that time likewise for the family of my patient,but we all accepted that,its his time to be free from pain and sufferings.  BY : J.LE

No comments: