August 15, 2011

My Elderly Patient Touching Words

Hi! to all my readers,in our topic for today,is about what my Elderly Patient Touching Words,and it really touched my heart,and I always bring it to me since then,and I'll never forgot that touching words,that will be
I'll share for all of you my readers,first and foremost,we already knew about what are the daily duties and task of a caregiver,I wrote some of them in my previous articles,now I'll share some of my amazing experiences in my care giving days,and this amazing experiences,it shapes me as,
a whole human,my personality,my understanding,of whats life really is for all of us,and what is the real concept of life.
My daily routine as a caregiver to my patient,is by giving the good care and all the necessary treatments,and as a whole as to say,regarding in care giving daily responsibilities and task,and every single day that I do all the responsibilities and giving all the best to my maximum effort as a caregiver, to be responsible,honest,trustworthy,and most of all,in every single little thing that I'll do for my patient, I always done it with all my heart,because,my patient  deserved to be cared and receive the good care,in day by day,after all that task and daily routine daily,usually the approximate time will be 10am,then after that I'll transfer by patient to the wheelchair,for a daily sitting at the park,this way,it helps us both me and my patient to have a bit of fresh air,and to change a bit of environment,and it helps a lots for my patient,in regards to his health,because my patient can view the outdoor with those people walking,and its good for the mind of my patient,not to stock in one place,sometimes,we go to the mall,and have some coffee together in winter,and when its summer we have some ice cream together in the same place,we have always a good time together,and have the firm bonding as a best friend,making all the
best effort in helping each other,in all matters,my patient is a very good man,and nothing to compare,his a man with his words,and a man with a principles,and the best things,he is the man with a golden heart,his not only my best friend, but I treated my patient as my grandfather,and both of us really have a similarity in personality,perhaps!that's one of the points that made us more deeply closer,
I never forgot!what my patient said to me,one time we have some snack together, while sitting at the park,I position the wheelchair secured beside the bench,on where my patient is seated, and I locked the wheelchair both wheel,for my patient to be securely sitting beside me,then we have a snacks,at that time my patient is so quiet,and is rare for me to see my patient not talking at all,because my patient had a good sense of humor,he loves to talk,and he is a smart man,then I wanted to break the silent,thinking that maybe my patient is not feeling well,I joke to him, and do all the best I could to make him laugh,but with no effect,then I seriously ask my patient,what bothers him,that made him silent,and if anything that he feels, he must to tell me so that we will know if I need to call his son or daughter, to have a check up for the doctor,then Finally my patient talk,he told me,listen my friend,I just thinking so deeply at this moment,because I am not getting younger,and I wanted to tell you this day,that I am so satisfied with all the service, and care as a whole for being my caregiver,that I can count on at all times,my patient said!then he pause and continue,I just listening and letting him to express it out what he feels,he told me,no matter what my friend,no matter what will happen,I will be always in your heart,and stay there in your heart,as my true friend and as a grandson to me,then I reply!  a big Thanks! and likewise for me my friend no matter what happen,we always be a best of friend. then my patient hug me tightly.That's My Elderly Patient Touching Words.

And regular days moving forward,after two months,me and the son of my patient brought my patient to the hospital,and unexpectedly,the doctor told the son of my patient,that they found a complication in the kidney of my patient,and must to be hospitalize to have a full treatments,because one of the kidney of my patient is not functioning,that's made the situation more worse,the son explained to me, that is just suddenly the kidney stop to work,and that is really a big problem,the son of my patient told me we must to be strong and give my patient an encouragement to survive,( my patient uses an internal catheter for 9 years,before I started to work with him)I been a caregiver for my patient for 3 years,so it makes a 12 years total,that my patient uses an internal catheter.
As days goes by,there are no improvements in my patient health condition,it goes to be worse and worse,after one month in the hospital,my patient died,and its really so hard for all of us,for me, and especially for the family of my patient,the family of my patient treated me as one of their own family,at that time i realize that,maybe its his time,and my patient will always stay in my heart as my grandfather, and my best friend,and I am so thankful to my patient for all of the good things that he had done for me,and also the family of my patient,they'll always be a part of my life.
BY : J.LE

No comments: